What is RESERVE by KC?
Reserve by KC is a pre-order program that allows you to pre-pay for a product that is not currently available for immediate shipment. This is typically due to high demand and limited supply. Purchasing a product this way will RESERVE your spot in our queue where orders placed first will be fulfilled first as soon as supplies become available.
We do this for these reasons:
- With decreased availability and increased lead time of electronic components and materials when we have committed orders, we can better anticipate overall demand by ordering more and ahead to compensate for these impacts and ultimately improve finished product availability to customers.
- When we have a shortage of products available, RESERVE gives us a way to prioritize shipping to customers who are ready to buy the product over someone who is still considering all their options.
- Due to volatile fluctuations in the costs of components and shipping, KC does increase our pricing. RESERVE allows you to lock in your price, ahead of any future price increases.
Examples of advance-pay pre-orders from other industries:
- Restaurants that require a deposit for a reservation made for a table due to limited space.
- Custom garment manufacturer requires a deposit for a product because every item is made to order.
Why do I have to pay up-front?
In order to ensure our supply meets the demand, we need to confirm payment information up-front for RESERVE orders. This will avoid credit card authorization issues at the time of fulfillment because we are only able to authorize credit card payments for up to 7 days.
Why was I not notified that my shipment was delayed?
We apologize if we were unable to notify you when the shipping estimate for your order was updated. Our shipping estimates are subject to change if our supply is ever delayed, which has unfortunately been the case recently. We are working as quickly as possible on putting systems in place to improve our ability to send out advance notifications in the future.